Re: [OT] British vs. American English (was Re: Wow, Evolution left me with eggs in my face)

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 08:47:56 -0400 (EDT), Richard Bown wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-10-02 at 08:43 -0400, Stephen Powell wrote:
>> M$ means Microsoft.  Microsoft is often abbreviated as MS, such as in
>> the term "MS-DOS".  You can probably guess why the $ is sometimes
>> substituted for the S.
>
> does that mean its a shaky distro ?

Good one!  :-)

The substitution of the $ for the S is commentary on their money-grubbing
ways.  But I think it is fair to say that most people on this list
would consider Windows a "shaky distro".  That's probably one of the
reasons they use Linux.

By the way, from what I hear on the news, the euro is shaky these days too!

(Sorry for the earlier accidental off-list reply, Richard.)

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :