System slowdown - plugin-container responsible?

Hello, fellow Debianists:

As of yesterday, my testing (current) system has slowed down a whole
lot.  I thought it was just the 'net, but that doesn't seem to be the
case.  top shows something called plugin-containe (I assume it's
actually 'container', but the column's too small for the last letter)
using anything from 15-20 %CPU, and so I'm thinking it's the culprit.
I could just kill it and see what else breaks :)  But does anyone know
who or what owns it, or how I can find out?

Thanks
Patrick