OT: use bash instead of ksh as prime shell

Hi,

[This is not strictly related with Debian, but...]

I want to know what's the best way to use bash as my prime shell instead
of ksh, given the fact that changing the shell as system level is out of
the problem.

The problem is, unlike bash which has its own .bash_profile, ksh relies
strictly on .profile, which is share across sh/ksh/bash. I can't find a
way to start bash as a login shell from within .profile?

Any way around it?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)