cron on a system without a hardware persistant clock

I have some small single board systems on which I run Debian.
They have clocks, but they are not battery backed and so reset
to zero for each run.  I then set the time using NTP once I have
a network connection - wireless as it happens and therefore not
entirely predictable in how quickly it will connect.

I would like to make sure that cron (and I am quite happy to
looks at other crons if that makes like easy) does not use an
unset clock as the basis for firing commands.

I could use update-rc.d to disable cron, and only enable it
once wpa_supplicant has established the connection, but then
what if the wireless link goes down and back up while the
hardware is powered up, in which case it would get restarted
unnecessarily.

Does anyone know if there is a way to tell and of the crons to
ignore unset times?

David