Re: problems with external HDD

Jochen Spieker wrote, on 09/26/11 10:25:
> Lisi:
>>
>> Tux:/home/lisi# mount dev/sdc1 /media/Distros
>> mount: special device dev/sdc1 does not exist
>
> Is this literally copy-pasted? -Then you are simply missing a / at the
> beginning of /dev/sdc1.
>
> J.
Yes, I concur with that. When inserting a USB drive with older kernels, there is
a certain waiting time (5 s?) before the device gets registered. Though your
first call of the mount command was correct, the device wasn't recognized yet.
Your second mount command simply had a typo.
--
Best regards,
Jörg-Volker.