Installing Squeeze as KVM Guest Freezes

Hi List,

I'm having a strange problem trying to install a squeeze guest with
both virst-install and virt-manager. The host is a test box running
ubuntu 10.04 with KVM but production boxes will be Debian so it could
be a problem with the host I suppose?

Using virt-manage I can boot up the stable CD but selecting either
"install" or "graphical" install does nothing, the VM just freezes up,
has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how did they solve it or
start to diagnose the problem?

I tried to use the Debian installer preseed options to perform an
automated install but again nothing happends. If I open the guest
console it is at the initial boot screen asking me to select install
or graphical install; the command I used is;

virt-install --connect qemu:///system -n debian
--os-variant=debiansqueeze -r 1024 --vcpus 2 -c
/home/bensley/Desktop/deb-preseed.iso --disk path=debian --prompt
--network bridge:br0 --extra-args="auto=true
preseed/file=/cdrom/preseed.txt"

*I placed preseed.txt in the root of the Debian ISO and saved as a new
ISO, debian-preseed.iso.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

James.