Re: command to mv files & folders to dir

 >>> The other catch is that it won't consider the filenames with a
 >>> leading dot, such as ‘.bashrc’.

 >> Well, true, but there was no mention of dot files in the original
 >> problem.

	Neither it was stated that there were no such files.

[…]

 > yes only the files put in /mnt/deer on 22/09/2011 must be moved to
 > there own folder, but looks like i will have to spend days doing this
 > manually as zebra is 378 gb big and i copied some files from zebra to
 > /mnt/deer using "cp" (my bad) and i don't have much room to play with
 > now as i only have 197gb left in /mnt/deer and a lot of duplicate
 > files in /mnt/deer and /mnt/deer/zebra

	To find the duplicates, the command like the following could
	have been used:

$ cd /mnt/deer/ \
      && find . -type f -not -wholename ./zebra/\* \
             -exec cmp -- {} zebra/{} \; \
             -print

	While to remove them (after double-checking!), the final -print
	can be replaced with:

             -exec rm -v -- {} +

--
FSF associate member #7257