Re: regards the /

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 2:02 AM, Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de> wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 22. September 2011 schrieb Camaleón:
> > Here is the
> >

> > :/lib/modules/3.0.0-mbp82-lina$ ls
>
> (...)
>
> But that's not the same as the other folders.
>
> This one contains the modules for that kernel (3.0.0-mbp82-lina) but
> the  folders you "cleaned" were pointing to kernel headers which now
> are not available anymore. I don't tend to compile programs or kernels
> unless I have a special need for doing it, so I can't tell what are
> the drawbacks the deletion of that folders may have.

Yes, this definately looks like a self-compiled kernel. To consider whether
its safe to remove those, I´d look at

uname -a

$ uname -a
Linux debian 3.0.0-mbp82-lina #1 SMP Tue Jul 26 21:52:57 SGT 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

or

cat /proc/version

cat /proc/version
Linux version 3.0.0-mbp82-lina (3.0.0) (root@debian) (gcc version 4.6.1 (Debian 4.6.1-4) ) #1 SMP Tue Jul 26 21:52:57 SGT 2011

and

ls -lh /boot/{vm,init}*

It's the only kernel I have had on the laptop.

seems nothing left to remove.

Thanks with best regards,

lina