Re: a quick Q: how did you handle files from windows

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 11:36 PM, Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk> wrote:
On 20 Sep 2011, steef wrote:
> lina wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Just wonder are there some tricks to handle the .doc from windows,
> >you know, mainly keep it format and formula.
> >
> >Except went to (ssh) to windows and installation of wine (not tried),
> >
> >are there some good choice?
> >
> >or are there some webpage severs as apps, so can easily handle those things?
> >
> >Thanks ahead for sharing your experience.
> >
> >--
> >Best Regards,
> >
> >lina
> >

> ......I use openoffice for years. works fine with some very rare
> unusual tricky exceptions.
>
> kind regards,
>
> steef

abiword (usually) also

catdoc
antiword
wv (wvText etc.)

Ha ... Thanks, I will jot down and try another time when I gotta problem.

Basically I don't hand the doc from Windows often, but sometimes two per week, usually something did not show up.
now I still have WIndows nearby. so can put the those things aside for a short while.

Thanks again,

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk