X and no Keyboard (debian Squeeze)

Hello everyone1
First: I'm new here, but a longterm Linux user. No experience however with any GUI, I'm blind. So I installed X and Gnome to test Orca - screenreader again. When I start X no more keyboard action. The system continues running flawlessly, had a music player running. Had a look at the Xorg.0.log and saw a few problems, mainly to do with graphics. I tested it both with my selfmade kernel and the 2.6.32-something Debian supplied one. What would you need to work this out with me?
  My normal setup:
Debian Squeeze
Kernel: 2.6.38 (SMP, preempt)
Keyboard; Standard PS/2
Mouse: None
  Thanks for any help and hints.
  Kindest regards
           Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;
Frightening Absence Just Arriving, Reigns Disappeared, Ornate - flowers!

======      Find my music at      ======
http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html