Re: GTK weirdness after upgrade on wheezy

lsutton@libero.it writes:
> After a dist-upgrade on wheezy (amd64( only some gtk applications have a
> weird look different from the system default, e.g. gnome-terminal (the
> preferences menu), gcalctool, empathy browser. On the other hand some
> other GTK applications are just fine and as expected such as gedit,
> nautilus, simple-scan etc.
> Having a look at the sources makes me think this may somewhat have to do
> with gtk 3, but it's a guess and any hint would be appreciated.

I think it's because these apps are using gtk 3, but your gtk theme
doesn't support gtk 3 (themes apparently aren't compatible).

[Not so surprising, as there don't seem to be very many gtk 3 themes
around...]

-Miles

--
"She looks like the wax version of herself."
     	   	    		   [Comment under a Paris Hilton fashion pic]