Re: Still can't install wheezy on a 2011 iMac

Hi all,

It's been a few weeks now, so I'm wondering if there's been any progress on this. I think the relevant bugs are #637284 and 627705 - neither have had any activity during these few weeks. Is everybody on holidays??

-- Mike.

Hi again,

I was directed to the wiki:

http://wiki.debian.org/iMacIntel

Apparently this section has been updated:

Update (2011/08/12) : aluminium iMac Intel 12,1 / Wheezy , see the
"video" section.

However this didn't work for me. Even applying the radeon.modeset=0 line
in the boot parameters just leads to a blank screen with a flashing
cursor at the top. Booting into rescue mode gives me a root shell, and I
applied the suggested updates to /etc/apt/sources.list, but aptitude
update failed with messages saying the server locations couldn't be
resolved. I tried a ping to the actual IP address, but got the message
"Network unreachable".

So I'm still stuck. I think this could possibly be bug # 627705, lack of
kernel support for the Broadcom ethernet card. But I'm not sure. My
installer was a weekly build from a few weeks ago -- should I try a
later build? I don't want to take the time if I'm just going to end up
in the same place.

Cheers, Mike.

Mike Hore mike_hore@aapt.net.au

          Mike Hore        mike_hore@aapt.net.au