Re: udev warning [partially SOLVED]

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011, Bob Proulx wrote:

itayf@nospammail.net wrote:
I noticed during boot a series of warnings coming from udevd.
udevd[451]: SYSFS{}= will be removed in a future udev version, \
please use ATTR{}= to match the event device, or ATTRS{}= to  \
match a parent device, in \
/etc/udev/rules.d/z60_xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules:59

To me those lines are cryptic.
So please advise: what to do?

This is an upgrade bug in the xserver-xorg-input-wacom package.  It
leaves an "obsolete" file behind.  See this bug for more information:

Unfortunately the bug has not been getting any attention.  If this has
affected you then I suggest adding comments to the bug so that it can
log that it is affecting people and perhaps then it would get fixed.

I added comments as you suggested.

A simple way for you to clean up the problem is:

 # apt-get remove --purge xserver-xorg-input-wacom
 # apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-all

The problem is not harmless because it will prevent the system from
upgrading to the new dependency based boot system.

Thanks, Bob!
This solved the problem related to /etc/udev/rules.d/z60_xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules.

Now I have to resolve the same warnings coming from file
	/etc/udev/rules.d/025_logitechmouse.rules
This is a symlink to
	/etc/udev/logitechmouse.rules
According to 'dpkg -S' the symlink is unknown.
The target, though, is owned by package kcontrol.

I try to look around for more info.

Thanks for the help,
Itay

Bob