Re: Convert MaxMind binary .dat to CSV

On 10/09/11 00:58, Gary Golden wrote:
Is there a way to convert MaxMind paid .dat files to CSV?
A customer has only such format and haven't CSVs.

Maybe I'm just cynical - but when I've been asked the same question the client didn't have a license. *If* your client has a valid license number just download the .csv files (choose from Oracle or MySQL format).

NOTE: buying a license is much cheaper than paying me to reverse the binary (which is not hard, hint: ICANN blocks + free MaxMind csv)

Of course - if your're offering the lion's share of the fee for doing all the work....

Cheers

--
"It's really weird how your life changes. Tonight I'm drinking water. Four years ago? Opium. Night and day, you know?"
— Bill Hicks