Re: a quick Q: how to back to the head in terminal

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 12:04 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, 09 Sep 2011 12:51:26 -0300, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:

> On 09/09/2011 12:31 PM, lina wrote:

>> when I use up arrow to check history, and then came to the commend I
>> wanted,
>> suppose it's a long command I typed before,
>> now I want my cursor be back to head to make a very minor modification,
>> are there some quick way to do it, not by pressing the left arrow.
> The home key is for that, in the shell and everywhere else.

I recently discovered that "left/right arrow+Ctrl" jumps word by word
instead letter by letter, so if you need to edit something that is in the
middle of the command, this way you go faster :-P

Ha.  so cool. see... that's why I love this list more and more.