Re: Can't make a HP Laserjet Professional p1606dn work - printer-state-reasons=hplip.plugin-error

On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 11:28:51 -0300, M. wrote:

> I'm trying to make a HP Laserjet Professional p1606dn over wired network
> work, to no avail. I've installed all the relevant packages from hplip
> and cups, and I can find the printer on the right address. But everytime
> I try to print, I get the message
> printer-state-reasons=hplip.plugin-error

I would forget about hplip.

Add a new printer instance from the CUPS web interface, provide the PPD
file (a "generic PCL 5e Printer Foomatic/hpijs-pcl5e driver" should be
just fine) and try to print with this new created printer.