Re: USB-Printer prints RAW PCL6-Code

Am 30.08.2011 23:52, schrieb Martin Lorenz:

> Am 30.08.2011 19:18, schrieb Matt Richardson:

>>> Have you tried with another driver? Pxlmono seems to be the recommended
>>> for your printer but true is that there are many available...
>>>
>>> http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Samsung/Samsung-ML-2150
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> --
>>> Camaleón
>>>

>> I will second this.  Try one of the other drivers available.  I
>> recently had this problem with an HP laser printer and had to change
>> from the CUPS+gutenprint to an HPLIP driver to get rid of the problem
>> (garbage printed and then the printer locking up, requiring a power
>> down.)
>

> strange but probably true
> I changed to gutenprint and printed several jobs in a row

must be something else.

now that I watched the issue for several days I come to the conclusion,
that it must be something with the USB stack.

The printer gives me one good printout whenever it is switched on or
unplugged from USB and replugged.
All subsequent printouts are garbage.
The type of garbage depends on the driver (tried several  PCL drivers)

tried it on different computers - same result.
common to those computers is: they run kernel 3.0.0-1-amd64

tnx for your help
martin