Re: How to reduce number of loaded kernel modules?

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 07:45:50 +0200, Csanyi Pal wrote:

> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 15:39:41 +0200, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>>
>>> I have a rather impressive list of loaded modules.
>>
>> How many, how many? :-)
>>
>> sm01@stt008:~$ lsmod| wc -l
> 155

That's too much.

On my netbook there are "just" 82 loaded (67 on the desktop).

By reading the kernel bug report you mentioned in your reply to Darac, I
see most of the modules are required for you iptables/netfiler/network
rules system so... just for debugging your problem you can just try to:

1/ Blacklist "pegasus" module if you think this is the one causing your
pain. Maybe is not...

2/ Or you can boot in "init 1" (single-user) with no network to avoid
related modules being loaded.

3/ Unload manually all of the non-crucial modules (sch*, ipt*, nf*,
xt*...).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón