Re: Eclipse-pydev: how?

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 10:21:24 +0200, Johann Spies wrote:

> Hallo Camaleón,
>
>> Hum... not sure if you referring to this:
>>
>> http://pydev.org/manual_101_install.html#installing-with-the-zip-file
>
> No, but in the end I ditched the Debian eclipse-related packages and
> followed the method you referred to.
>
> My point was that there should be some Debian specific documentation if
> the installation of the Debian eclipse-pydev package is not enough to
> get eclipse to work with this plugin.  I could not figure it out how to
> work with the Debian stuff in this regard.

Ah, sorry, I misread it somehow.

Okay, it seems the package (eclipse-pydev) is only available now for sid
so maybe is still uncomplete and lacks for documentation.

If you're concerned about this, you can write a bug report suggesting the
addition of the upstream docs as well as another relevant information on
how to setup the package :-?

Anyway, the package should just work out-of-the-box unless it is stated
otherwise, so you can also write down a second bug report telling devels/
packagers what is not working for you.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón