Re: Can't set Chrome as default web browser in KDE 4

On 30/08/11 11:39, Thomas Yao wrote:
Hi all, I just met this strange problem after I installed Squeeze with KDE 4
Everytime I open Google Chrome it told me it's not the default browser
yet and I clicked on set as default but the hint still show up
And I get Chrome set up as default Web Browser applications in System
Settings, the problem still exists
Any help? Thank you!

Try:-
# update-alternatives --set x-www-browser /usr/bin/chromium-browser

Ref:-
man update-alternatives

Cheers

--
"Folks, it's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because, um – they're no longer relevant. We're supposed to keep evolving. Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs. You do know that, right? There's another 90 percent of our brains that we have to illuminate."
— Bill Hicks