Re: securing the system, stopping unnecessary services and closing open ports.

On 08/27/2011 02:43 PM, Brian wrote:

A natural history expedition searching for unicorns and dodos would have
as much success as these two programs are likely to have.

I was once on a natural history expedition. We found no unicorns, but we did find dodos. We weren't looking for them, but we did find them -- one night while we were looking at each other around the camp fire.

And I like playing with chkrootkit and rkhunter. It gives me something to do in those moments when I miss fiddling with the vast array of anti-malware programs I used to use in Windows.

8-D