Re: [OT] Nagios question

----- Original Message -----
From: Brad Alexander <storm16@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, August 26, 2011 8:13 pm
Subject: [Spam: 5.2] Re: [OT] Nagios question
To: David Parker <dparker@utica.edu>

> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 6:41 PM, David Parker <dparker@utica.edu> wrote:

That's really strange.  This may seem obvious, but are the permissions on the config file correct, and is it readable by the user who is running this command?  Also, is the Nagios version the same on the two boxes?

Does strace show anything?  Try:

    strace -o strace.out /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H akagi -c check_ubc

Then check strace.out and see if it shows anything along the lines of permissions errors, parsing errors, etc.

    - Dave