Re: How to control network speed?

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 5:42 AM, Magicloud Magiclouds
<magicloud.magiclouds@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  For some reason, I have a linux machine that has to have a network
> bandwidth limitation for the whole system. So I looked into command

That is why, because you using wrong filters. And limiting download on
single machine is not easy - you must use some bigger than simply tc
:)
AFAIK in debian kernel is IFB module, and you always can use IMQ, but
this is not default in kernel.

--
Best regards.
Artur 'Bzyk' Frydel