[OT] Booting from USB

Hello, all.  This is off-topic because I'm not asking how to create a
Debian boot stick.  There seem to be good how-to documents for that.
However, we are thinking of creating a large number of Debian boot
sticks and neither I nor may staff have any experience using them and we
have a limited number of devices for testing.

Our concern is the end user experience and how most PCs (probably widely
varies based upon the age) react to them.  Is using them typically as
simple as plugging it in and turning on the computer or are we going to
have a nightmare of support calls walking people through their BIOS
settings to get their systems to boot from their Debian USB stick?
Thanks - John