Re: Is there a safe way of upgrading to Xfce4.8 on stable?

On Fri 19 Aug 2011 at 09:42:29 +0100, AG wrote:

> On stable, I am currently running Xfce4.6.  I notice that in the sid
> repos, Xfce4.8 is available.  Is there a safe way of upgrading to 4.8 in
> a manner that will not break my system, or is it really only a matter of
> waiting for Xfce4.8 to make its way through the repos to stable?

About the safest way would be via backports to Squeeze - provided
Xfce4.8 is there.

http://backports-master.debian.org/Packages/

Otherwise you have an eighteen month or so wait before stable has
anything other than Xfce4.6. Squeeze will always have Xfce4.6.