Re: debian and sms import

On 19/08/11 07:36, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> I have an IPhone with many sms messages on it.

/private/var/mobile/Library/SMS/sms.db is where they live.

> If possible I'd like to
> export all of them to another device so that when I start doing things to
> them on my IPhone I'll have some assurance against loosing messages and
> can maybe if debian can do this pull the messages onto my hard drive and
> if necessary read those messages with some command line-based program from
> the hard drive.  I am rather certain doing things with the iPhone I've
> lost several messages accidentally in the past.  Can any of debian's
> packages help out here?

libimobiledevice1 (or libimobiledevice2 in Experimental)

Try idevicebackup - it's part of the utils package.

This page has a perl script that could be used:-

There is also this, which could use some more entries:-

"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet
of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's
got God on his side."
~ Bill Hicks