Re: update problem

> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 01:08:08PM +0800, lina wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> when I tried to update, it showed me something like:
>>
>> libgnutlsxx26 removed (configs remain) ;  install (was: install).  Extra
>>
>> # apt-get install libgnutlsxx2
>                                ^ you missed a 6 here.
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Building dependency tree
>> Reading state information... Done
>> E: Unable to locate package libgnutlsxx2
>>
>> I don't know how to do next, sorry
>
> According to http://packages.debian.org/libgnutlsxx26, libgnutlsxx26
> only exists on alpha, hppa, powerpcspe sparc64 and hurd-i386
> architectures. Are you using one of them? If not, there appears to be a

I use amd64, I checked on debian package before, not so sure amd
belongs to any of them. ( seems not)

> libgnutlsxx27 package available in testing and above which might be
> suitable. If you have something that depends on libgnutlsxx26 and you're

I removed it:
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libgnutlsxx26*

Why there was a  libgnutlsxx26 on my laptop?

I don't know which package depended on it.

Thanks, if no problems and I won't try  libgnutlsxx27

--
Best Regards,

lina