kernel source package with applied patches
I plan to create a source tarball of the Debian Linux kernel with
patches already applied in oder to build a kernel, based on Debian
kernel sources, on other, non-Debian based distros.
As far as I can tell I must do it the following way.
- Download linux-2.6_[version].orig.tar.gz
- Download linux-2.6_[version]-[patchlevel].dsc
- Download linux-2.6_[version]-[patchlevel].diff.gz
- Running dpkg-source -x linux-2.6_[version]-[patchlevel].dsc
This produces the directory linux-2.6-[version]. Patches aren't applied
yet and can be found at the subdirectory debian/patches.
To apply the patches I run
- fakeroot debian/rules source
Now I can see that the patches are applied. According to
patched kernel source is now at debian/build/source. So all I must do
is to create a tarball of that subdirectory. Am I correct so far?