Re: Could not perform immediate configuration.

On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 00:18:05 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

> I try to install perl from testing repo but the following error:
>
> Could not perform immediate configuration on 'perl'. Please see man 5
> apt.conf under APT::Immediate-Configure for details.
>
> I did try to enable/disable the parameter in /etc/apt.conf but w/o
> success.
>
> How I can do this? - In the found pages on the web they suggest to make
> sidt-upgrade but would not upgrade the dist...

Hum... Google returns some tips to bypass that error, for instance:

***
apt-get -o APT::Immediate-Configure=false -f install [...]
***

But man page says it can be dangerous and "-f" stands for "fix broken"...
so proceed at your own risk O:-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón