Re: Install on new iMac - Ethernet?

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Mike Hore <mike_hore@aapt.net.au> wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I've tried installing Squeeze (via NetInstall) on a brand new iMac (Intel i5
> processor), but early on it tells me it can't find an Ethernet connection.
>  It gives me a big list of drivers to choose from, but I can't see my
> Ethernet card there (Broadcom 57765-BO).  So I can't proceed further.  Is

My Ethernet card is the same as yours.

Failed to install by internet.
I installed from the CD.
(http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/ (Here you
may only burn the CD-1.iso)

It's a half years ago, I guess you need configure a specific kernel to
support it. ( not sure the kernel 3.0 works or not, at that time we
used 2.6.39)

Be careful about partition (bios_grub partition).