Re: [Fwd: Re: gdm3 - cant find X confige file]

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 20:16:10 +0200, Johan Berntsson wrote:

> Camaleón skrev:

>>> now i have tested with this new file and the Gdm3 will not start
>>
>> "Logs", sir, we need to see what X is telling you :-)
>>
>> /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>>
>> And also send to the list the full "xorg.conf" file so we can review
>> it.

(...)

> Okej
>
> now i removed the xconfig file will send it over and the log files

Thanks! Now things look more clear...

It seems that Xorg is using VESA driver instead the matrox one (mtx) and
I don't think is is how it should be. If you have installed the drivers
from Matrox site, I would follow their instructions:

ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/linux/2009/1.4.7/readme.txt

> my default VGA driver just work with one screen, I want to use all three
> screens with option with an screen more

Yep, that can be because of the VESA driver in use so the first thing to
get is making X to load the "right" driver.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón