MiniDLNA and wav files

Hi,

I'm using minidlna (version 1.0.21+dfsg-1) to serve (music) files to my (Pinnacle/Roku) SoundBridge
device. My collection contains mostly mp3 files and some wav files.
When I browse my collection and select a wav file to play nothing seems to happen. If I have other
files (mp3) in the playing queue it immediately starts playing that, but not wav files.

According to http://sourceforge.net/projects/minidlna/forums/forum/879957/topic/4579212 it looks
like wav files are supported (discussion is about tag support in wav files).
When I use forked-daapd to play the wav file it does play it on my SoundBridge device, so that's not
the issue.

Running 'file' on the wav file produces the following output:
$ file 1042992_Albinoni_Super8_Remix.wav
1042992_Albinoni_Super8_Remix.wav: setgid RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16
bit, stereo 44100 Hz

So my question are:
- Does MiniDLNA support wave files?
- If so, how do I get it to play on my system?

Note 1: Other wav files also didn't play (same 'file' output)
Note 2: They also don't play through MediaTomb.

TIA,
  Diederik

PS: please CC me as I'm not subscribed to the list