Re: network-manager to share connection

Enviado desde mi BlackBerry de Movistar (http://www.movistar.com.ar)

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Fink <carl@finknetwork.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 00:17:08
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: network-manager to share connection

According to the docs I can find, if I use nm-applet >> Edit Connections >>
Auto Eth0 >> Edit >> IPV4 Settings >> change "Methjod" to "Shared to other
computers" then any PC connected to the Ethernet port should see a DHCP
miniserver (dnsmasq), and once connected should be NAT-connected to the
Internet via my broadband wireless connection.

But it doesn't happen. According to syslog, instead when the system detects
a cable plugged into Ethernet it *sends* DHCP client requests to eth0,
instead of listening for them.

Is this a bug or merely (more likely) a mere configuration issue? Something
like this should be dead simple to set up (that's the point) and any
problems should be explained to the user in clear error messages.

Using Testing, updated this morning.

Thanks for any help.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com