Re: installing debian from USB... IS IT POSSIBLE?

> And what if the system doesn't have an optical drive? Buying an external
> drive shouldn't be the easiest option.

I installed debian on headless server with no problem. No cd drive.
What should be a problem with usb stick in usb adapter?

> > nor does its owner have any friends with an optical drive
> > or Linux?

Some kind of knowledge is needed in any case. I know a lot of
people unable to install win, linux, name it.

> Then the hypothetical owner had better do some Googling for unetbootin or
> the like.

Searching the net helps a lot. I assume almost nothing not available
in forums, tutorials. Finally, irc channels are on hand.
Best regards

                                   Zoran