Re: Linux RAID for Perfomance and supported Card

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 17:04:09 +0530, Siju George wrote:

> A few of my servers are running on Linux Software RAID 1 and is meeting
> disk I/O bottle Neck.
> I am considering other RAID Levels to increase Performance as well as
> keep the Redundancy.
>
> I guess I should Go for Hardware RAID 10 as per my colleague's advise
> after reading through many reviews on the Internet. Does any body have
> any ideas or Suggestions?
>
> Also which RAID card is most supported on Linux?

If you are considering going to a hardware-based RAID setup, I would
recommend the lecture of these two documents:

http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html
https://ata.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/SATA_RAID_FAQ

SCSI or SAS raid controllers are usually quite well supported.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón