Re: installing debian from USB... IS IT POSSIBLE?

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 13:16 +0200, Dirk wrote:
> someone point me to a fucking image for an USB stick before i
> install windows and throw my shit out of the window... fucking
> shit...

Please relax! There is no need to go nuts over technicalities.

You should be aware that Debian does not provide specific USB install images,
as the standard images can be written to USB stick directly. Unsurprisingly,
this procedure is detailed in the installation guide:

    http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch04s03

if you need to prepare it from Windows use:

    https://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer/+download

but note that you have to rename the file from .iso to .img as Windows is a
bit finnicky about file extensions.
--
Wolodja <babilen@gmail.com>

4096R/CAF14EFC
081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA  36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC