cryptdisks runlevel configuration for lvm2 + encrypted swap file

Dear List,

I have an encrypted swap file located inside /var, which is on a
separate LVM2 logical volume from /, but it does not get mounted on
boot.  Everything I've been able to find either implies my setup should
work or is geared toward swap partitions, not swap files.  I even put
aside my reservations about messing with the links in rc.d, (tried
starting cryptdisks in runlevels 2-5 and other things as well) but since
it didn't work so I restored everything back to the default before I
broke anything, and came here to ask for help/advice instead.

I've copied the following relevant info below:
/etc/crypttab contents
relevant /etc/fstab entries
relevant rc?.d symlinks

My system is Squeeze 2.6.32-5-amd64
Running invoke-rc.d cryptdisks start && swapon -a after boot works.
During the boot process I can see messages on the console that show
"Starting early crypto disks" succeeds, but "Starting remaining crypto
disks" failed.

I'd appreciate any pointers as to what I am doing wrong or how I can
better troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks,

Jimmy

/etc/crypttab:
| cryptswap1 /var/swap/swap-01 /dev/urandom swap,cipher=aes-cbc-essiv:sha256

/etc/fstab:
| /dev/mapper/vg0--squeeze-lv0--root /               ext4    relatime,user_xattr,errors=remount-ro 0       1
| /dev/mapper/vg0--squeeze-lv1--var /var            ext4    relatime,user_xattr 0       2
| /dev/mapper/cryptswap1 none swap sw 0 0

ls /etc/rc?.d/*cryptdisks
| /etc/rc0.d/K10cryptdisks
| /etc/rc6.d/K10cryptdisks