Re: fstab for usb devices in Squeeze

> My fstab doesn't have any entries for usb disks.  I use fluxbox and I
> use pcmanfm (a file manager) to mount/unmount usb sticks.
>
> -Rob

That's interesting.  A while back, when I tossed out gnome and gdm in
favour of fluxbox and startx, I likely also removed automatic mounting
processes in my computer.  So, I had to set up stuff to manually mount
things, which resulted in the fstab entries I used to have.  That
having changed in Squeeze has caused some issues -- IE, it seems the
labelling of all drives became different.  Anyway, to avoid having to
look up the specific UUID each time I insert a new device, it may be
useful for me to look into setting up some sort of automatic mounting
utility (like installing pmount, maybe).

Mark