PCIe card reader not visible in KDE's "Device notifier" Plasma widget

Hello,

I'm trying to avoid doing a manual "sudo mount" whenever I plug an ExpressCard CompactFlash card reader. I'd like to use KDE's Device notifier plasma widget instead.

Drivers are OK since a manual mount works. The widget however doesn't react to the card insertion, like it does for USB thum drives / USB hard drives / CDs. However, it is visible in the "show all drives" window (normal view is "removable drives only"). A mount attempt from there fails due to privilege issues, which I consider the same "it's not a removable device" issue.

Readings lead to HAL, UDEV and DBUS, but it's quickly starting to look like chinese.

This is with Squeeze on AMD64.

Ideas?

Thanks,

JMRanger