Re: how to remove icon from desktop

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:39:25 +0100, abdelkader belahcene wrote:

(please, no html)

> I installed  aptosid (  ex-sidux), based on debian sid. It uses  xfce
> manager.
>
> On the desktop I have many icons ( like  other patitions, trash, ..), I
> want to remove them, where to do it,
>  they don't appear in the Desktop directory  (they are not links).

That's a GNOME setting that can be configured using gconf. You will have
to find the way on how to get the job done in XFCE :-)

Tips:

/apps/nautilus/desktop/trash_icon_visible
/apps/nautilus/desktop/volumes_visible

> By the way,  I think, if I really understand it ??,    xrandr   replaces
> xorg,  I can't find the file used  by xrandr  unlike xorg  uses
> xorg.conf.

No, xrandr it a tool to configure Xorg server and does not replace
xorg.conf, you can use both. OTOH, xrandr is a per user based setting, it
is stored under your user's profile unless told otherwise.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón