Re: How to Clone a Drive with 512 byte Sectors to a Drive with 4096 bytes/sector (AF)?

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 19:26:08 -0700, Mark Phillips wrote:

(...)

> I want to clone the smaller drive to the larger drive so I can replace
> the smaller drive with the larger drive, so I need to preserve the dual
> boot capability. I have tried the latest testing-amd64 Clonezilla, but
> it fails. I tried the proportional setting and it still failed.

Take a look (again) at Clonezilla LiveCD, it has some advanced options
you can tweak when restoring the partition (e.g., do not create partition
table and resize the partition).

Also, I prefer to use Gparted in the target disk to have all the
partitioning made before dumping the image from Clonezilla.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón