Re: lost disk space

 > Spent a few hours watching online video tonight (the Discovery
 > website) and discovered afterwards that I had lost about 7 GIGS of
 > diskspace!!  I assume it was because of all that video watching (in
 > Google-Chrome) but now I can't find out where it's gone ?  I only
 > have 14 gigs on this partition..and I've managed to free up about a
 > gig..but I have to find the other 6 or 7 gigs. I deleted the google
 > cache..and config files...looked in /tmp and a few other places but I
 > am stumped.

	While you may have removed the /filenames/, the files may still
	persist, if opened by a process.

	Personally, I'd close all the unnecessary applications and all
	the X sessions, log in at the text VT (usually, Ctrl-Alt-F2 or
	Alt-F2 switch to one), and carefully examine the list of my
	running processes with $ ps x.  If there's anything that looks
	like it has entered an infinite loop, or otherwise suspicious,
	I'd kill it with $ kill (and if it doesn't respond, with
	$ kill -9.)

--
FSF associate member #7257