Re: Postfix and virtual_transport = maildrop

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 11:03:25AM +0200, Andrea Ganduglia wrote:
> Hello --
>
> I need some help in here :-/
>
> I have a Debian-box well configured with
> Postfix+saslauthd+dovecot+spamassassin. Mail accounts are virtual,
> with password stored into MySQL and messages store into /home/vmail.
>
> I would like introduce maildrop in delivery chain, basically for move
> spam messages into proper .Junk account folder, but it's not so easy
> as I expected.

If you're willing to learn sieve scripting instead of maildrop, dovecot
can do the filtering for you. This page[1] shows how to configure the
plugin. This should save you having to add another step to your chain
and means you don't have to touch your postfix configuration.

[1] http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Configuration

--
Paul Saunders