Re: How do you save passwords for Git/GitHub?

Thanks for the suggestions, especially those involving the use of ssh-agent.  You can see my implementation of it at https://github.com/swiftlinux/1-build/blob/master/get_reps_diet.sh .  I now only have to enter my password ONCE in order to download all repositories, and I even set up the script to automatically delete the saved passwords at the end of the process.

This is a great list.  Not only are there so many subscribers, the average Debian user is FAR more knowledgable than the average user of most other distros.

--
Jason Hsu <jhsu802701@jasonhsu.com>
Founder and lead developer of Swift Linux (http://www.swiftlinux.org)