Re: How to set the status of packages from "purge" to "install"

Tech Geek <techgeek12345@gmail.com> writes:

>> (Save yourself a few keystrokes: just type 'grep purge packages.txt'.)
> Definitely! Thanks for pointng that out.
>
>>        sed -i 's/purge$/install/' packages.txt
>>        dpkg --set-selections < packages.txt
> OK, so it is just done manually. I was wondering if there are any
> special tools (like dpkg, dselect, etc) which one can use to set those
> statuses.

Sure you can use dselect or, probably better, aptitude to specify
packages to install.  Just setting them to "install" as suggested
doesn't let you see if there are dependencies that lead to purging the
packages or if the packages were replaced by newer versions.

--
html messages are obsolete