Re: Cannot mount floppies in Squeeze

On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 21:27 +0200, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 20:39:03 +0200
> Tomas Kral <thomas.kral@email.cz> wrote:
>
> Hello Tomas,
>
> > I think it is an IDE floppy, it has got a ribbon cable attaching it to
> > the main board.
>
> Further to what Lisi says;
>
> How many pins has the connector/cable got?  If it's a 40 way cable, then
> yes, it's IDE.  If fewer than 40, it's an ordinary floppy.

The floppy ribbon belt is a wee bit narrower compared to CD-ROM, or HD
belts, I guess it is an ordinary floppy, then.

My main board manual just says: one floppy port supporting, 3,5" or
5,25"

I counted pins on the board layout
Floppy port = 2 rows by 17, 34 pins
Both IDE ports = 2 rows by 20, 40 pins, though I use 80-wire cables on
CD/DVD and HD

Ordinary floppy, then.
Sorry for confusing it.

Many thanks