Re: Dual Monitor How To?

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 10:22 AM, Alan Chandler
<alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk> wrote:
> I've recently upgraded by desktop computer so it now has Intel H67
> Integrated Graphics built into the motherboard and I have an additional
> Geforce 8400GS graphics card in the PCI-express slot.  I have two monitors,
> the primary an 24in Iiyama connected via hdmi cable to the mother boards
> graphics and an older 17in Iiyama connected via VGA (no other choice) cable
> to the Geforce card.
>
> After a brief check of the BIOS settings, I got it to boot with the primary
> monitor being the H67 integrated graphics

I'd install and use "grandr" to get things the way you want, "randr"
to record them, and then edit the 45custom_xrandr_settings to record
the settings. There's a related how-to page at
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Xorg_RandR_1.2, which is pretty good.

I find this approach, much, much, much easier than directly editing
xorg.conf, which is deprecated anyway.