Re: ..move mail between laptops? Mail in "MH" folders, Claws style.

Arnt Karlsen <arnt@c2i.net> writes:

> On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 20:41:00 +0200, lee wrote in message
> <[🔎] 87sjq6qdab.fsf@yun.yagibdah.de>:
>
>> Arnt Karlsen <arnt@c2i.net> writes:
>>
>> > ..move mail between laptops?  Mail in "MH" folders, Claws Mail
>> > default "MH" folders with one file for each message, from spare
>> > netbook to real laptop, howto pointers?  Tried the formail -ds
>> > route and must be overlooking something.
>>
>> Why don't you just copy the mail storage from one computer to the
>> other with rsync or some other software that allows to copy files
>> from one computer to another?
>
> ..because the messages on my spare machine also needs renaming to avoid
> overwriting old messages in the main storage, starting with "1", "2" etc
> in both places.

You could use gnus to do that.  Just set it up on your real laptop, copy
the mail storage from the spare one to some directory on the real laptop
and incorporate the new mail into the old storage.  You can also do it
the other way round, i. e. copy the more recent storage from the spare
laptop to the real one, set up gnus to use it and incorporate your old
mail into that storage.  You can also have several storages if you want
to and/or create virtual groups out of mail from the old and the new
storage.

--
html messages are obsolete