Re: NumLock in console

Sthu Deus <sthu.deus@gmail.com> writes:

> I want to have NumLock turned on in console automatically that is on
> start up.
>
> On the web I have found such a solution:
>
> for tty in /dev/tty[1-6]; do
>     /usr/bin/setleds -D +num < $tty
> done
>
> But I look for a setting, may in
>
> /etc/default/keyboard
>
> to reach my goal instead of performing the above cycle every time the
> OS boots.
>
> Do You have any idea how to do that?

Perhaps you can call setleds from /etc/profile or /etc/bash.bashrc or
from the relevant files in your home directory?  Or you could modify
/etc/console-setup to check /etc/default/keyboard for some entry
specifying whether to turn on NumLock or not and turn it on or not from
there ...  Or you could make your own startup script that checks
/etc/default/keyboard for an entry ...

--
html messages are obsolete