mounting USB disk

Runnung Squeeze here. I have a script which runs nightly, to backup certain directories to a USB disk, which does a fine job, provided the disk is mounted.

However, just plugging it in doesn't mount it, I need to actually open it with Dolphin. It gets unmounted with each logout, so the script fails.

I've been looking at ways of getting the script (which runs with root privs) to mount the disk, but have failed.

Can anyone make any suggestions as to how to go about it, please?

Cheers,
--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |